Saturday 13 April 2013

SYDNEY | MBFWA

So, I am back after spending the last week and half in Sydney town, where I not only accomplished one thing, but two! My first week away I spent doing work experience at SHOP Til You Drop at Park Street, the mecca of fashion magazines in Australia. I got to work on the next edition and help out the girls in the offices. A week living and working my dream job, hardly felt like work at all!

My best friend Steph came up from Melbourne to visit me on the weekend where we got to catch up with a few friends who live in Sydney. It was finally a whole weekend where I could relax, brunch, shop, have a few drinks and sneak a trip down to Bondi. Saturday night I went to see The XX perform at the Hordern Pavillion which was absolutely amazing, they are spectacular live and sold out both of their shows.

The next week was the beginning of FASHION WEEK, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week where Steph and I had the opportunity to work backstage. It was one of the BEST experiences to have and an awesome sneaky little insight in to the industry. We got to work on some of the shows, front and back of house and mingle with the VIP where I met the likes of Christina Centenera, Bryan Boy, Nicole Warne from Gary Pepper Vintage, Margaret Zhang from Shine by Three, the editors of all the fashion magazines and Lara Bingle. It was even more amazing seeing all of the familiar faced models backstage, looking stunning as usual. Such a fun experience and a successful little business venture to Sydney!
















 








A few fun snaps from my trip! 

X


No comments:

Post a Comment