Monday 9 April 2012

What to do on a public holiday?

While most of the young people my age spent this morning getting up nice and early and putting on a dress and fascinator to attend Oakbank, I slept in. 

What's there to do on a lazy Monday? I know, me and Steph decided to go to Harbour Town, down the road. Yes, what better to do than discount shopping.

So, we got ready and drove the whole 5 minutes to Harbour Town only to find that it looked like the Royal Adelaide Show, parking was ridiculous. Half of the population of Adelaide decided to go shopping too. We had to stoop to a level so low that we stalked an old man, who couldn't even walk properly, to his car park so we could steal it (luckily it was close to the entrance, plus for us!). Once we had safely parked, let the bargain shopping begin.

Bargain of the day and buy of my life! $2 suede army green shorts from Cotton On. Yeah, it looked like a dust-bin of abandoned clothes all for $5 and under really, but I had found a diamond in the rough. Both Steph and I bought them for this bargain price, from the shrapnel in my purse. $2 I mean, they were cheaper than parking in the city for a whole half-an-hour, cheaper than earrings, cheaper than a cheeseburger at McDonalds. The best part of it all is that when I wear them they will probably look like the most expensive piece of clothing I'm wearing. 

So that's it. I am never paying full-price for anything again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment