Thursday 23 May 2013

POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL

I watched Factory Girl again the other night. I'm having a current obsession with Andy Warhol. It may have a lot to do with the fact that I'm reading his book, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol,  I find it odd to resonate with some of it. I've never been a huge fan of this new technologically advanced age we live in so I find it quite interesting to read direct thoughts from the mind of one of the most iconic artists and how the world worked when he lived throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's. It fascinates me. What fascinates me more is Edie Sedgwick. And the fact that he only dedicated a few small pages to his story of her, when clearly she made such a big impact. Such a poor and troubled soul, and it's harsh to say but she led a cliché tragedy of a life. And it's sad. But when you watch Factory Girl a re-make, a re-enactment of her own life, it's hard to look at the real photos of Edie and realise she was a real person and she really led this life in this movie. I don't know. I guess I'm quite intrigued with true stories. But I do like that she still lives on today and is constantly referred back to as a fashion icon.


























"When I was with Andy Warhol I was dancing jazz ballet twice a day so I just wore my leotards and I knew I wasn't going to turn anybody on so I just trotted around in my leotards. When I went out on the street I'd put on a coat. But Vogue photographed me in leotards and a t-shirt as a new costume"

E.S

No comments:

Post a Comment