Wednesday 25 July 2012

MANNING CARTELL

I was in Naked Fashion Boutique on Rundle Street the other day when I saw a dress that began my love for  Manning Cartell. My curiosity for this brand was spiked when I saw Lara Bingle wearing it at the MBFW12 in Sydney earlier this year. Out of all of the brands that were showcased that week the collection for me was the most eye-catching.

I think one of my biggest attractions to the brand was the fact that the sisters, Cheryl, Vanessa and Gabrielle Manning, began as a Sydney fashion house. Sydney’s fashion has always seemed to catch my attention, so I wasn’t surprised when I found out they originated from there. They now have their own successful boutiques in the up market and ever stylish Paddington, throughout Melbourne, as well as also being stocked in top Myer tier boutiques and various international stockists.

The growing chic Australian label that we can all be proud of has caught the eye of popular and well-known fashion stylist from LA,  Rachel Zoe (Who I just die for - And whose opinion in the fashion world is a must). She says "Cheryl, Vanessa and Gabrielle Manning have created pieces we want to wear all of which capture the ultimate essence of cool". She further describes the [mandarin-coloured statement coat] as “the perfect way to jazz up a dreary winter wardrobe”, also commenting on the “edgy twists” used on a “typical spring frock” as well as admiring details used by the sister such as the “faux leather panelling and sharply-tailored silhouettes” on a selection of pieces she showcased on her online website The Zoe Report.  

She further adds her thoughts on the Aussie label by announcing how fabulous the sister trio is at creating innovative looks, and that The Zoe Report have all “become full believers that good things do come in threes!”

“The Manning Cartell aesthetic is modern, strong and has a raw feminity”. The different uses of material in the sister’s collections, from the flowing and elegant material, complementing with the contrasts of suede, silk, and coloured and patterned print add a unique design element that differs from their competition.   


Sugar and Mango maxi - dress

 




Calico scallop tunic in black





Sherbet lemon panel dress





No comments:

Post a Comment